Operating a vehicle while your license is under suspension is a serious offense. If you are charged with this you could face the following penalties:
- Fine up to $5,000
- Additional licence suspension
- Potential imprisonment
- Vehicle seizure
- Increased insurance premiums
Due to the long term implications associated with suspended driving tickets we recommend you contact our team for a free consultation. We can then explain all your possible options.
SFC Paralegals will prepare the necessary documents and represent you in court for your suspended driving ticket, this will ultimately save you time, legal fees and the risk of paying increased insurance rates.
In the province of Ontario, the Ministry of Transportation can suspend your driver’s licence for the following reasons:
- Failure to pay fine
- Accumulation of demerit points
- driving while license suspended
- breathalyzer test (greater then .50mgs)
- Court order
- medical reasons
- criminal driving conviction
Mary and her team were very professional, were always ready with advice and guidance, and cared about my case. I will definitely be using their services again.
Section 53.1 – Driving While Suspended
Every person who drives a motor vehicle or street car on a highway while his or her driver’s licence is suspended, under an Act of the Legislature or a regulation made thereunder, is guilty of an offence and on conviction is liable,
- for a first offence, a fine of not less than $1,000 and not more than $5,000; and
- for each subsequent offence, a fine of not less than $2,000 and not more than $5,000,
- or imprisonment for a term of not more than six months, or to both.
Complete the form below to get started today!
If you live in Toronto, the GTA or Ontario and received a suspended license traffic ticket or charge, then contact our paralegal team and we can explain your legal options. We will provide a professional defense while representing you for your suspended license charge. Complete the form on this page and provide us additional information about your operating a vehicle while suspended ticket and we will then schedule a consultation to discuss your case further.